PLD Space is seeking an Automation and Software Engineer for development and operations activities. This position includes software and hardware design, implementation and maintenance of data and control systems. PLD Space´s control systems consist of varying data acquisition and control hardware, wiring and interface harnesses, and a wide variety of instrumentation. The position requires frequent travels to Teruel (test facilities) and Huelva (launch pad).
- Develop LabVIEW Software architectures for facilities support and engine testing activities.
- Lead Data Acquisition (DAQ) and control systems design.
- Support control algorithms design.
- Assist in the development of engineering plans (including test plans and test procedures) that will support launch vehicle qualification, and verification.
- Maintain existing and implement new data acquisition and control systems for both ground and test articles systems.
- Provide support for coordination and management activities during development phase.
- Develop and implement Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) systems.
- Develop software and hardware documentation, specifications, and user´s protocols.
- Fieldwork at PLD Space´s testing test benches.
- Bachelor´s degree in Industrial Electronic Engineering or Automation Engineering.
- National Instruments LabVIEW experience, including LabVIEW Object-Oriented design (OOD) and Object-oriented Programming (OOP).
- Certified LabVIEW Developer accreditation (CLA).
- Solid understanding of instrumentation, interfaces, and sensors (including acceleration, pressure, acoustic, strain, position, flowmeters, and thermal sensors).
- Hands-on hardware integration (components and harness) and troubleshooting.
- 3+ years of design experience with test racks (electrical & mechanical).
- National Instruments cRIO and PXI products experience.
- Demonstrated experience with Automation Safety Systems.
- Demonstrated Matlab and Simulink experience.
- Familiarity with harness routing design in CAD environment (preferably See Electrical).
- Field buses knowledge.
- Hands-on capabilities.
- Read blueprints, process, and flow diagrams.
- Geographical mobility.
- English and Spanish (advanced level).
- C/C++ knowledge
- 2+ years of design experience with electronic components.
- PLCs Programming.
- Organizational skills.
- To be a proactive person and teamwork oriented.
- Ability to communicate across all levels and disciplines.
- Results oriented.
- 7+ years of experience developing critical applications in LabVIEW, RT, and FPGA.
- 7+ years of experience developing hardware acquisition and control systems for PLCs and real time operative systems.
Apply for this Job