Become part of our Structures Team, you will participate in Mechanism Design development for our PLD Space launch vehicles.
- Mechanism design and its mechanical components, from the concept definition to the detailed design, performing also the standard components selection, such as fasteners, bearings, etc.
- Functional analysis, kinematic of mechanisms and clash analysis, as well as material selection in accordance with operating conditions, environment, etc.
- Research of locking and releasing systems, rotating mechanisms, etc. that will operate in vacuum and under extreme thermal ranges.
- Selection and integration of actuators, electronic components and pneumatic systems according to the specifications, interacting with all competent departments.
- Generation of engineering documentation: 3D models, drawings, bill of materials, weight reports, MCI, technical reports, engineering change notes for the complete definition of detailed parts, assemblies and installation manuals.
- Interaction with other engineering departments to perform the assigned tasks to obtain the required information (Stress, M&P, Testing, Propulsion, Avionics, etc.) also providing input to Manufacturing and Supply Chain departments under request.
- Meet the product specifications, subsystem requirements and interface definition during all product design stages, including: prototyping, testing, qualification and mass production.
- Participate in periodic design review meetings dealing with Supply Chain and Manufacturing for the achievement of requirements, specifications, feasibility, delivery time and cost.
- Continuous improvement research, performance and weight optimisation of the design solutions.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Complete the assigned tasks “on time, on quality, on cost”.
- +3Y of parametric modeling design (Siemens NX) and PDM tools (Teamcenter).
- Knowledge in dimensioning and tolerancing of aerospace parts (ASME Y14.5, ISO 1101 standards).
- Experience in mechanism design applications and standard components selection (bearings, actuators, transmissions, etc.).
- Be familiar with different manufacturing technologies (such as machining, forming, welding, composite hand lamination, etc.).
- Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering Bachelor’s degree or demonstrable relevant experiencie in lieu thereof.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant technical experience in aerospace industry or equivalent as a Mechanisms Design Engineer.
- Knowledge in selection and application of design criteria and rules, materials, strengths, and other mechanical properties, according to the loading conditions, working environment, etc.
- Knowledge in stack-up analysis and kinematic of mechanisms.
- High degree of CAD competence and PDM tools.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Payload Aerospace SL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability.
We are compromised in maintaining a diverse and free from discrimination working environment where everyone is treated with respect. Employment is based on an individual’s merit and qualifications, directly related to job competence.
These principles are included in all aspects of employment: recruiting, hiring, training, compensation and benefits, and promotion.
Apply for this Job