Design of Rocket Structures.
- Design of launch vehicle structural elements and configurations jointly with other engineering disciplines.
- Design of primary metallic structures (different size range of machined components, sheet metal parts, welded structures, metallic pressure vessels and tanks, etc.).
- Design of primary composite structures (sandwich, monolithic or filament winding elements, hand lay-up and RTM parts, etc.).
- Design of secondary structures as brackets or supports for rigid pipes, valves, avionics equipment, antennas, mechanism, electrical harness, etc.
- Generation of Engineering documentation such as 3D models, Drawings, BOMs, and Eng. Change Notes for the complete definition of Detailed Parts, Assemblies and Installation.
- Liaise with others Engineering departments (Stress, Propulsion, M&P, Quality, etc.) and provide information to the Manufacturing area under request.
- Responsible to accomplish with specifications and requirements during the development of the assigned tasks or product design along the entire lifecycle and across all phases from Prototype, Testing and Series production.
- Participate in the periodic design reviews dealing with SCH/Manufacturing for the achievement of requirements, specifications, feasibility, lead time and costs.
- Continuous research to optimize design solutions.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Complete the assigned tasks “on time, on quality, on cost".
- Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 5 years of technical experience in Aerospace Industry as Structural Design Engineer or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Competence in the design of Aerospace primary structure (metallic and composites parts) and secondary structure.
- Knowledge in selection and application of design criteria and rules, Aerospace standards, materials, strengths, and other mechanical properties, according to the loading conditions, working environment, etc.
- Familiar with reading and applying Aerospace normative, papers and documentation.
- High Proficiency with CAD (Siemens NX and Teamcenter) and PDM tools.
- Familiar with the main manufacturing technologies and capabilities (machining, sheet metal forming, welding, composite hand lay-up, RTM, filament winding, etc.), and most typical assembly’s methods and processes (drilling operations, reaming, mechanical joints by means of fasteners, bolts, screws and other standards, metallic welding, bonding, sealing, finish painting, marking).
- Knowledge of the most common corrosion prevention rules and surface protection.
- Proven in the development of products from the original concept design according to Aerospace normative and rules, through to the delivery of detailed technical design packaging into final production.
- Design focused to assembly line concerns, tooling, and jigs.
- Familiar with Aerospace standard parts and typical light materials, metallic and non-metallic.
- Availability to travel occasionally.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines, dealing with situations that are constrained by time and managing different tasks at once.
- Able to work autonomously with little supervision.
- Fluency in written and oral communication, both Spanish and English.
- 5+ years' experience minimum in design of Aerospace Structures.
- 5+ years' experience in parametric modelling software.
- Experience in Rockets Structural Design is a plus.
Apply for this Job