- As part of a small, passionate, and accomplished team, you will be responsible for the Design of the launch vehicles structures.
- Design of launch vehicle structural elements and configurations jointly with other engineering disciplines.
- Design of primary metallic structures (different size range of machined components, sheet metal parts, welded structures, metallic pressure vessels and tanks, etc.).
- Design of primary composite structures (sandwich, monolithic, filament winding elements, hand lay-up, RTM parts, etc.).
- Design of secondary structures as brackets or supports for rigid pipes, valves, avionics equipment, antennas, mechanism, electrical harness, etc.
- Generation of Engineering documentation such as 3D models, Drawings, BOMs, MCI and weight reports, technical reports and Eng. Change Notes for the complete definition of Detailed Parts, Assemblies and Installation.
- Liaise with others Engineering departments (Stress Analysis, M&P, Testing, Propulsion, Avionics, etc.) and provide information to Manufacturing area under request.
- Responsible to accomplish with Product Specifications, Sub-System requirements and Interface definition during the development of the product design along the entire lifecycle and across all phases, from Prototype, Testing and Series production.
- Participate in the periodic design reviews dealing with SCH/Manufacturing for the achievement of requirements, specifications, feasibility, lead time and costs.
- Continuous research to optimize design solutions.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Complete the assigned tasks “on time, on quality, on cost".
- Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 5 years of technical experience in Aerospace Industry as Structural Design Engineer or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- More than 5 years of experience in parametric modelling software. Experience in Drawing dimensioning, Tolerance Stack Analysis and Methods (ASME Y14.5, ISO 1101).
- Competence in the design of Aerospace primary structure (metallic and composites parts) and secondary structure.
- Knowledge in selection and application of design criteria and rules, Aerospace standards, materials, strengths, and other mechanical properties, according to the loading conditions, working environment, etc.
- Familiar with reading and applying Aerospace normative, papers and documentation.
- High Proficiency with CAD (Siemens NX) and PDM tools (Teamcenter).
- Experience in Rockets Structural Design is a plus.
- Experience concerning the typical design requirements of structures exposed to extreme conditions (cryogenic, high temperatures, vibration environment, etc).
- Experience in insulation materials, procedures and methods.
- Familiar with the main manufacturing technologies and capabilities (machining, sheet metal forming, welding, composite hand lay-up, RTM, filament winding, etc.), and most typical assembly’s methods and processes (drilling operations, reaming, mechanical joints by means of standard parts, metallic welding, bonding, sealing, finish painting, marking).
- Knowledge of the most common corrosion prevention rules and surface protection.
- Proven in the development of products from the original concept design according to Aerospace normative and rules, through to the delivery of detailed technical design packaging into final production.
- Familiar with Aerospace standard parts and typical light materials, metallic alloys and non-metallic.
- Design focused to assembly line concerns, tooling, and jigs.
- Availability to travel occasionally.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to meet deadlines, dealing with situations that are constrained by time and managing different tasks at once.
- Able to work autonomously with little supervision.
- Fluency in written and oral communication, both Spanish and English.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Payload Aerospace SL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability.
We are compromised in maintaining a diverse and free from discrimination working environment where everyone is treated with respect. Employment is based on an individual’s merit and qualifications, directly related to job competence.
These principles are included in all aspects of employment: recruiting, hiring, training, compensation and benefits, and promotion.
Apply for this Job