Work within Ground Operations team, at Subcontracting and Product Assurance areas.
The action range begins supporting the Engineering team with Part Number designs, and ends with the correct entry of those components in our Stock (including manufacturing, iteration with suppliers, Product Assurance and Documentation).
- Work with our Design and Integration engineers in evolving our designs to improve quality and manufacturability. Then implement in a rapidly-evolving production environment.
- Technical reviews with manufacturers of components designed by PLD Space (drawings study, manufacturing tolerances…).
- Selection of manufacturer for aerospace metallic (small and medium size machined parts, pressure vessels, laser cut…) and composite structures (monolithic panels, filament winding, hand lay-up, RTM…), in terms of quality, delivery time and price. Negotiation and risk management.
- Manufacturers and suppliers follow-up, control and in-person visits.
- Execution of manufacturing purchase orders, internal logistics and BoMs management.
- Verification and validation of components: Product Assurance Quality Control.
- Work on the quality of the data of our management system and QA, in terms of continuous improvement. Metrics and indicators.
- 2 years of verifiable experience in Manufacturing, Mechanical Design, Supply Chain, Product Assurance, QC or similar fields.
- Higher Education (Mechanical, Aerospace, Manufacturing Engineering, or relevant fields).
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and Spanish (spoken and written).
- Knowledge of manufacturing and production technologies of aerospace components: machining, laser cut, composite materials manufacturing, metrology processes, associated documentation…
- Understanding of engineering fundamentals for mechanical design and manufacturing, including working knowledge of GD&T, fits and clearances, materials used…
- Full proficiency in MS office tools expected.
- Working with databases, exports and creation of dashboards.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Payload Aerospace SL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability.
We are compromised in maintaining a diverse and free from discrimination working environment where everyone is treated with respect. Employment is based on an individual’s merit and qualifications, directly related to job competence.
These principles are included in all aspects of employment: recruiting, hiring, training, compensation and benefits, and promotion.
Apply for this Job