- Systems Engineer for MIURA 5 launch vehicles and associated equipment and testing as well as future launch operations. This position is created to help PLD Space to grow in the area of engineering. The mission of this role is to contribute as Systems Engineer for PLD Space launch vehicles.
- Develop and manage system and subsystem requirements, including verification techniques and interface control.
- Work proactively and collaboratively with the engineering team and customer to identify, track, mitigate, and resolve technical/programmatic issues that may arise during program execution.
- Serve as part of the engineering focal points for mission requirements and exchange of technical information between subsystems on launch vehicles and payloads.
- Assist with the development of design, integration, and test processes, procedures, and configurations for launch vehicles in concert with other engineering disciplines.
- Provide support for design/analysis results level to technical team and program management.
- Be part of launch vehicle Simulation analysis and other performance analysis across vehicle functions.
- Assist with the development of test methods and plans according to defined requirements.
- Support program planning and execution including scope, scheduling, and resource allocation.
- Be part of CONOPS definition, upgrade and active implementation.
- Elaborate design documents.
- Elaborate report documents.
- Master's degree in Aerospace engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering or equivalent.
- +3 years’ experience with Systems Engineering SW tools for high reliability Systems Engineering design and processes.
- +2 years’ experience with space systems, satellite, launch vehicles, etc.
- Experience managing technical budgets, requirements, V&V, AIT and plan definition.
- Expertise in Computer Aided Design (CAD) using industry tools such as Siemens NX.
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams in technical and programmatic areas.
- Experience with space Launch Vehicle (suborbital or orbital).
- Familiarity with hardware test program requirements captured in industry standards including ESA ECSS Standards, SMC-S-016, NASA-STD-7001, NASA-STD-7002 and GSFC-STD-7000.
- Hard work.
- High availability.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Problem-solving oriented and decision making oriented.
- Risk anticipation and mitigation oriented.
- Experience with mission definition and requirements.
- Experience in environmental testing, thermal vacuum, vibration, electromagnetic compatibility, as well as test methods and validation.
- Expertise in Matlab/Phyton.
- Understanding of launch vehicle key subsystems and their associated performance parameters.
- Experience in managing subcontractors.
- Experience working with Government, NASA, ESA or commercial launch contracts.
- Travels: on demand.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Payload Aerospace SL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability.
We are compromised in maintaining a diverse and free from discrimination working environment where everyone is treated with respect. Employment is based on an individual’s merit and qualifications, directly related to job competence.
These principles are included in all aspects of employment: recruiting, hiring, training, compensation and benefits, and promotion.
Apply for this Job